Tuesday, February 2, 2016

February meeting and more

Each January I make a goal to finish up my on going projects before starting something new. For the most part that works for me but for some odd reason I still have more then I started with. .This year though for my UFO listing I decided to tackle a storage box with projects both clothing and quilting that were both cut out and ready to sew.  This will take the whole year to accomplish but it will be fun to see what gets made hopefully the whole list of 10. The wood projects  were ones that piled up waiting for the wood fairy to come and complete them for me. Instead I worked on them every night for a couple of weeks to get them done and added to my holiday decorations. The pin cushions were fun ones to make for some special friends on my list. Enjoy the show and tell and keep an eye out for out guild meeting as it is always a treat to attend and see what everyone has done. 

Add a ribbon and they decorate my stair well for every holiday. Ok they aren't all for me and my daughter painted them for me. 

My first time using glitter and I learned as I went as I was told you can never have enough glitter in your life. 

Fun tombs to add to the Halloween decor I get going. 

Something special to display cupcakes at any Halloween party. 


My ladder is ready to show case my love of the snow. A fun snowman and the bonus is his boots are my favorite color. 
I collect nativities sets and this one was an added bonus to my collection. Stop by any time the month of December to see my collect is it  fun to see them all. 

These fun little pin cushions were started in October and finished in January. So they will be a Christmas/Valentines gift to friends. 

Which one is your favorite? 

A great way to use up my scraps and display some hand work. 

The bonus to these fun pin cushions is what I learned in making them. a different technique to add rick rack to an edge, and making sure that the pieces are assembled correctly not back wards. I became very good at unpicking. They are all stuffed with walnut shells. I don't have a favorite I like them all. 



Vivian was inspired and took some of her mother's old material, and created this lovely work of  art. 

Patsy entertained us with how she took her lemon's and made them into applies for this fun project. 

Michelle showed us her row quilt, and that her UFO #3 was finished for the month.

Sue took a fun large quilt and shrunk it to make it even better. Love the mini I know just where I would put it. 



A fun creations using a curved ruler and it is done. Love the colors. 

Vivian has been busy and this string quilt will be  warm lap quilt for her to watch TV with. 


Sue has been busy and showed us some fun project that truly inspire. 



Loretta showed us her projects that she made at the February sew in. The scrappy heart is my favorite one. 

Loretta taught us what to do with those ophan blocks that are to pretty to toss and make them a heirloom. 

Patsy and the group went to Bryce and took some fun classes. This one was fabric and load of pins and beads. You can never have enough of any of the above. 

Patsy was showing us her color combinations for her next quilt. This was another class at Bryce. 

Denise was excited to show us her new art work painted by her daughter in law.  


A fun crazy heart is always a fun decoration for any home. What good use of colors Mary Jo

Microwave bowls were made at the meeting Sue is showing us what fun bowls that are going to be. 

Cindy showed us the quilt she took many hours to make, she is raffling it off for annual meeting Do you have your tickets bought for a chance? 

The room is full and every one is welcome as our guild meeting progressed. 

Nickey did a wonderful job on her quilt. I love the center with the bears. 

We all love to visit and see what others have made to inspire each other. 

Our youngest member is wearing her newest apron made by her Grandma so she can lend a helping hand  in the kitchen with out getting dirty. Her favorite part is being the taste tester. 
With a bit of help from my friends, They helped show the guild my quilt. I love the color combinations and can hardy wait to putting it to use. 

We are doing Wonky houses in the guild and Ruth has been an angel to provide the patterns. With each house we complete we get an extra tree pattern. I finally giving paper piecing a try. 

I'm making bags for charity along with composition book covers. The best part was the fabric was donated  so the cost for me was nothing but time. 


10 composition covers made and ready to use or donate. which one is your favorite?
See you next month after I recover from this month's activities and projects on the cutting table. 

No comments:

Post a Comment