Tuesday, November 12, 2013


President’s Message:
       As Thanksgiving approaches I can’t help thinking about all things that I am thankful for. When I was in Junior High and High school I completed Sewing 1-4. Of course this was one of my favorite classes and I couldn’t wait for the next one. As time went on and I graduated I thought everyone could sew because it was easy for me. I soon realized that there were people that hated to sew or couldn’t sew a straight line. Now I know that sewing and quilting is definitely a talent for which I have been blessed. One of my favorite things to do is to help others learn to quilt. I believe that we are unaware of many talents that we posses but with some instruction and practice we can all learn to do new things. I experienced this very thing at Quilt Festival. While attending classes I could look around the room and observe all the students at different levels with their quilting skills. I am thankful for all of you and your different quilting styles and feel blessed that you share your methods and quilts with us. If I hear someone say, “I’m not sure I could quilt.” This is my reply, “Sure you could the difference between sewing and quilting is only 3/8” difference. And of course I explain the difference with seam allowance. Sewing clothing you use a 5/8” seam allowance and with quilting you use a ¼” seam allowance. I have felt very grateful for all of you who donate quilts and projects for whatever cause we support. I feel that being creative is part of my soul.

 
         Another aspect of Fall that I am grateful for is the change of weather. I cannot wait for the trees to turn orange and red.          Nature can inspire a multitude of ideas for quilting. My favorite just happens to be Fall. Try quilting leaves into a table runner using fall as your inspiration. Don’t forget about the Quilting Journal Class it starts at 10 am with a guest appearance from Illene King. She will share some inspiration from her quilting journal and I will have some suggestions and supplies for you to start your own quilting Journal. Happy Quilting! See you soon Lorri Bashein

 
 UFO ~ #7 & # 9 for December Meeting

Ott Light for December is Cindy Schmierer
 
Sewing Tips from November Meeting: By Loretta Hunt
©      Use Insul-Bright for: Pot holders, insulated lunch bags, outdoor stadium cushions.
©      Use Quilted Iron Quick for: Casserole carriers, curling irons covers, can coolers.
©      Use Iron Quick for: Ironing board, Iron totes, Make your own Ironing board cover using the original cover as a patters. Cover the board with a favorite cotton fabric that you’ve lined with one or more layers of thick cotton batting; or use Iron Quick.
©      When Plaids are off grain it will make your quilt look old.
©      Because Photo storage boxes have a space for labels, use them to store trims, zippers, and sewing machine attachments, ets..
 
 
 
 
December Sew in 10 am Clearfield Senior Center: Will be our annual Luncheon starting at 12 noon, it is pot luck so bring your favorite recipe made to share. See the attached flyer for your assignment.
Don’t forget your Christmas gift is to be handmade and $10 or under to share with the group.
 
Our November sew we were treasured to have a guest speaker, Illene King. She proved loads of laughter and love of quilting as she spoke to each of us. She provided for us a special treat as she presented her trunk show.  She showered us with breathtaking quilts she had made and designed. How she started her journey in to the quilting world and more. Everyone who attended was given a special bit of her time to learn and grow from the spirit that she shared with us. A huge hug goes out to Illene King for sharing her lives lessons with us and her amazing journal. Everyone was inspired to get their journal started how is your coming along?

















 
 
Each week a special group of ladies get together, My hat goes off to all the ladies of the Tuesday sewing group. Where laughter, love, tears and everything else that goes in between is shared. As they all work on there many different projects. There is always someone there to lend a helping hand or share a smile to a friend in need, or a helping hand to a friend how isn't to sure about what they are doing. Or maybe have tackled or thinking of tackling a new project that will test there skills.  There is always room for one more sewer and friend. We would love to share the day with you. We might even have some yummy food for lunch at times there is always a welcoming hand to one and all.
 















 
 wishing one and all a very Happy Thanksgiving filled with love and laughter and the many blessings of the holidays. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment