Thursday, September 3, 2015

August guild meeting

I didn't attend the August guild meeting as instead I stayed home to celebrate my 32 wedding anniversary and spoil my sweet heart and spend time with my family. I had the ott light for August and did get a few things accomplished. I started a dress for myself which was a major accomplishment for me as sewing for everyone else is more important. The dress isn't shown as it is still a work in progress as the pattern and my body type aren't the same. I have enlisted my daughter who is majoring in fashion design to consult with me to get this dress done.  The projects below are all ones that have been in the works and on my sewing table for some time. You can now see my sewing table and work from it as it is cleaned off and my sewing room is slowing getting to where it is semi in order and cleaned, I can see one corner that hasn't been cleaned out in years. Enjoy the show. 

Whats better then taking the left over quilt blocks and making a fun bed pillow for the little one to enjoy with her quilt. All the fabric matches her bedroom and some her mother picked out before this sweet little one was even born, 
Onsie's are a wonder and even better when made into fun dresses for the little one to wear. She finally has some fun Sunday dresses to wear to church. 

Every little one with a mom who is a big packer fan should have a dress to wear for game day. This way she can match her mommy as she has a yellow ruffle skirt to. 

As she shows them her cute little back end when she is crawling she will leave a good reminder what foot ball team she watches with her mom. 

If I had some mickey ears I would have added them to this dress. We settled for a back bow instead. 

After 6 months of working on it when I could the quilt is done. Made for my 1st granddaughter who is turning one. Mom wanted an own themed room and this will match nicely. The back was cuddle fabric and I free hand quilted it myself. This quilt was truly a learning project and one made with love for a special little one the whole guild has fallen in love with. 

A quilt is never complete finished with out a label. I was able to use up all the quilt blocks and this one was fun as this was the last block and it needed a home. 

Mother and daughter loved it! All the work was wroth it. Are they not both beautiful.


Image result for quilting friends

 I pulled a lot of very late nights working on my ott light what should ott to be doing with your time? I  pondered that question for some time before I finally got to work and was able to complete a few projects and in the process figured out what I ott to be doing. Top on my list was Spoiling my family. What is on the top of your ott (I ott to be doing) list? 


No comments:

Post a Comment