Tuesday, October 11, 2016

July

Goals are like a “Shopping List” They remind us what is most important and keep us on track when we get distracted with all of the other choices that could use up our time, money and energy.  We don’t tend to give ourselves credit because of the long list that’s undone.  Journaling what’s happened in the past month helps us celebrate our successes, recognize your efforts and honor the truth that you can do hard things. Time to reflect is invaluable, find a quiet time soon, to check the direction you’re going and be sure to sit for awhile and enjoy how far you’ve come, 

A dear friend moved away and to let her know that she is love and her friendship is cherished. A quilt was quilted and bound just for her. She was touched and she will truly be missed. 

Playing around with the folded fabric wreath and shrunk it to fit a candle. An added bonus for our decorations. 

My first of many fold fabric wreaths. I like this one a great addition to our 4th of July decoations. 

Not only do I sew but I enjoy baking and cooking as well., With a bit of help from my handsome husband we made home made waffle cones for a church activitiy where we learned how to made ice cream in many different flavors. 

A bonus for me is to get the chance to make clothing/ night gowns for my granddaughter. Who is all smiles and looks like a little princess. 

Every quilter needs a fun portable ironing board, and pockets to store your favorite tools. This one is to a dear friend who is a big Wizard of Ozz fan. 

Anyone for a game of yard Yatzee? We did this for another church activity. I have the instructions and happy to show you how to make one. It is a family favorite. 

The red work center, I did the hand work on it and learned while I sewed. I had fun doing the had work for this. 


UFO due by July Meeting is # 4
Cindy Schmierer has the July OTT light.
Sweffle blocks 
July’s colors will be:  Red, Blue and Shirting
Civil War block provided for July is: Michelle Stay


One day at a time, one minute at a time and one project at a time, helps me to get my projects done. Thank goodness for a UFO listing and the motivation from a great friend to keep on going. How are your goals coming along? 

Have  wonderful day.

Memories are stitched with love.

Image result for cartoon quilters

No comments:

Post a Comment